-
August 3rd, 2006, 06:05 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Help. I am trying to identify the Altec Model with a 10 or 12 " woofer made around 1975 or 76. It had a dark walnut veneer cabinet. It was a 2 way I believe. Top and bottom edge protruded out about 1". Face cover was all foam. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks
-
August 3rd, 2006, 09:20 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
-
August 7th, 2006, 01:32 AM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
That sounds similar to the 891A's I had that were pretty much replaced by the MOdel 5. Very similar woofer. 891A had a 1" phenolic ring tweeter. Model 5's had a cone tweeter with a small aluminum dust cap - similar to the Santana II's and the Model 9's only with a much smaller frame and magnet structure. In fact the Model 9 tweeter had a metal frame and the Model 5 had a plastic frame.
About all I can think of that sounds close.
-
August 7th, 2006, 01:33 AM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Also, the woofer cone was 10", but the frame was 12" on both the Model 5 and the 891A.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.
Bookmarks